East Coast Nationals PRE-SEASON Tip-Off
& Alumni 3 on 3 Tournament
East Coast Nationals Pre-Season Tip-Off
November 19, 2022
Inwood, WV I-81
MS Boys and Girls, JV Boys and Girls, Varsity Boys and Girls.
The Smith Center has been secured for the hours of 7am to 9pm. A sensible schedule - in various draft modes - will be communicated in frequent intervals. Plan to make a day of this as all teams will at one point or another be yielding to other teams.
COST for PRE-SEASON Tip-Off (estimated): $45 for each game you play.
Admission: - FREE -
A 3 on 3 ALUMNI Tournament is also planned for the day. We hope to have 6 to 8 teams. Details including rules, format and eligibility will be available soon.
ENTRY FEE for Alumni Tournament:
$110 per team. Roster size is no more than 5 players. Age is 19-??, coaches included! Can be co-ed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Decide on how many of your teams you are registering for the pre-season tip-off and how many games each wiil play.
2. Registration will be monitored to ensure and EVEN number of similar age divisions and can close once all available time slots are taken
3. Plan to make a day of this - no one team will play consecutively without yielding to other teams/groups.
4. Online payments or checks will be accepted beginning Aug 31, 2022.
5. If you are considering attending, read the next section and then please contact Chris Smith (using the link below) and provide information in step 1 and/or Alumni team information.
Upcoming HSPN East Coast Nationals Age Eligibility Rules After many years of tournaments using eligibility rules to try and conform to other similar events, it just seemed like we never got the MS age/grade cut-off problems solved for homeschool teams. By March (Nationals) even though the August 1st cutoff date was correct, in Middle School, we would have 15 year olds playing 12 and 13 year olds.
... in a move for the ultimate compromise, HSPN will be enforcing the following age eligibility rule for MS teams - solely based on age -for ANY HSPN EVENT (this includes PRE-SEASON Tip-Off):
So you would need to form your teams right out of the gate based on this date March 20, 2023 - a date that will be AFTER Nationals concludes.
Middle School : players must have a DOB of 03/20/2008 or after. This ensures that come East Coast Nationals, no player will be older than 14 (and one's grade is taken out of the equation).
JV : will remain 16 or younger as of August 1, 2022 for the 2023 Event.
Varsity : will remain 18 or younger as of August 1, 2022 for the 2023 Event.
Trending in the USA...